Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year

I took some pictures of Kevin's knee but he will not let me post them. You might faint if you saw them. Anyway he is doing pretty good and walking with out crutches or anything. Tomorrow he goes in for physical therapy. They have been coming here. We are glad that it's over. His knee replacement surgery was Dec. 18th and he came home on the 20th which is amazing. He has a thing that keeps his knee moving as he sleeps. I think that has really helped him. So this year Christmas wasn't to exciting for him. I guess his knee was his Christmas present. Hopefully he will not be in pain anymore when it heals. This is something he should have done a long time ago. So between Kevin, Macy, Mom and myself I spent enough time in the hospital the last month. I fractured my ankle from a fall in November and got sick and dehydrated recently so I had an IV but I'm doing good now. Mom seems a little better. It was nice to go to lunch at the Bluebird with her and dad and Lexi yesterday. I wish her shingles would totally go away and Macy can get off the oxygen. I'm hoping for a better New Year for everyone but you never know what life will bring. We all have our turn at hard times. You just have to take one day at a time.
This June 9th it will be 14 years since my liver transplant and I'm so thankful that I'm still here and been able to see three of my kids get married to great people and have the best and cutest grandchildren ever and to see Heather graduate from college and for that matter all the kids graduate from college! They all have made me proud. At the time I was just hoping to make it to Emily's high school graduation and go to a Yanni concert which was 2 days before I was called in for the transplant. Can you believe there really weren't cell phones then. I was carrying a pager.
I'm already tired of snow and can't wait until spring. We are looking forward to having another grandson in April for CJ and Diane. And taking a trip to Las Vegas to see Dan and Emilee with the tickets they gave us for Christmas. Bless their hearts!
Thanks everyone for all you do for me and being part of my life as family or friend. I just want to wish you all a Happy New Year and love you all.

2 comments:

Miss Jackie said...

Hope Uncle Kevin recovers quickly and you guys have a great new year! That's neat that Daniel and Emilee gave you a trip to come see them...that will be fun!

Islander said...

At a ward I visited today, a young married man who just received a liver transplant spoke - it reminded me of you and I told him about you and that was good news for him. I'm so glad you got that transplant and that you are still here to enjoy all your darling grandkids and to be there for mom and dad too. Love, Barbara